Rev. Robert A. Vinson, Jr.
Pastor of Faith Memorial M.B.C.
“And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.”
Serving & Leading
Pastor Vinson attended Morris Brown College and Morehouse College. He received a B.A. in Organization Leadership from Eckerd College and Masters in Religion / Pastoral Counseling from Liberty University.
Pastor Vinson lives as a Christian leader in accordance with I Timothy 3:1-17; Titus 1:5. He dedicates his life to demonstrating competency in all ministerial skills including preaching, teaching, Pastoral care, youth work, administration, leadership, church growth and service. Pastor Vinson is sensitive to historical, cross-generational, and cultural diversity as he continues to build and nurtures positive relationships. He believes that exhibiting spiritual maturity, moral integrity, and excellence of character, setting an example for believers in speech, in life, in love and in purity (I Timothy 4:12) is instrumental to his success as Pastor.
Rev. Vinson's Impact
Over the past seven years, he as developed and successfully implemented leadership workshops for leaders and officers of the church to include opportunities for the church’s financial growth and support for various outreach efforts to improve the surrounding neighborhood and community life.
Over a seven-year span Pastor Vinson has been able to accomplish the following:
• Winning souls for Christ
• Reviewed and assessed every ministry for spiritual healthiness, and ensured each ministry had a mission and vision statement that supported the overall church’s vision;
• Revamped the Youth Department Ministry to include the development of F3 Worship Service (Faith, Fun, and Fellowship) and quarterly Pop-Up Store Celebration / Worship Service in recognition of children and youth;
• Held first annual Children and Youth Gala and Senor Night led by the Youth, Education and Scholarship Ministry;
• Implementation of monthly ministry meetings protocols and best practices;
• Established the Finance Ministry, Married Couples Ministry, Administration Ministry, Assimilation Ministry, Technology Ministry, Black History Showcase, and Health and Wellness Ministry;
• Sustained annual budget of $250,000;
• Over $300,000 in approved repairs through tithes, offering, and sacrificial giving;
• Introduced operations, administration and fiscal best practices to include training and revised job descriptions;
• Modified and implemented churchwide team-based ministries to include quarterly churchwide trainings led by the Christian Education Ministry;
• Enhanced external structure and appearance of church to include technology through installation of new church-wide sound system, revamped website, and church-wide phone tree system;
Pastor Vinson’s past and present affiliations include Congregations United for Community Action (C.U.C.A), Faith and Action For Strength Together (F.A.S.T), Member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. and Leadership St. Petersburg - Class of 2003.
“I believe in deliberately changing lives through the Word of God with a sensitive approach coupled with my ability to communicate effectively.”
What I love most about worshipping at Faith, is being fed the word of God, on a consistent basis under the Pastor Robert Vinson; a true man of God and a great teacher.
I love worshipping at Faith because God assigned me here to worship Him, pray and support my Pastorson. My immediate family is here also. I thank God for Faith Memorial.
Faith M.M.B.C is a church that knows that we need Jesus. So we are a praying, loving, giving, worshipping church. Our leadership is outstanding.